- Ecolab Foundation commits $5 million for sustainability research and education at the University of Minnesota.
- The gift will will help students at the U's College of Science and Engineering gain valuable skills and experience in high-tech agriculture research.
- Alumni Robert P. Sands and Sally Glassberg Sands’ $7.4 million estate commitment helps make a liberal arts education affordable for promising students.
- A year after the public launch of the U's $4 billion fundraising campaign, momentum continues to build.
- Carlson family philanthropy now stands at over $68 million in gifts to the University, ranking the family as the U's largest individual contributor.
- Minnesota Masonic Charities accelerates its pledge payments and provides an influx of $25 million for the Masonic Cancer Center to use over the next two years.
- 3M’s $26 million investment in the Driven campaign includes a new $8 million commitment to support scholarships and outreach programs.
- A College of Design alumnus and spouse have committed $3 million to support graduate students studying landscape architecture.
- The campaign, which includes all five University campuses, will rank among the top five campaigns of public universities nationwide.