- 3M’s $26 million investment in the Driven campaign includes a new $8 million commitment to support scholarships and outreach programs.
- A College of Design alumnus and spouse have committed $3 million to support graduate students studying landscape architecture.
- The campaign, which includes all five University campuses, will rank among the top five campaigns of public universities nationwide.
- A $10 million gift from an anonymous donor will establish the World Class Native American Research Center of Excellence.
- A $25 million gift from the Robina Foundation will fund the Law School's newly named James H. Binger Center for New Americans.
- A gift from the Tawani Foundation supports the Program in Human Sexuality and serves as an incentive for additional gifts.
- The U of M and 3M have announced a 14-year, $11.2 million sponsorship of Gopher Athletics, which includes the naming rights to Mariucci Arena.
- The U is renaming two health-focused centers to honor Earl E. Bakken's support of the University and his field-shaping legacy.