Elevate a world-class student experience
Students arrive at the University of Minnesota talented and curious. Surrounded by thought leaders, mentors, and opportunities, they grow in ways they never could have imagined. In classrooms, labs, libraries, and studios, they perfect the craft of learning.
Whether it’s through a community-based internship, a semester abroad, or participation in intercollegiate or intramural athletics, our students participate fully in University life, which in turn prepares them to contribute to the communities they’ll one day enter. We transform their lives so they can transform their world.
The road ahead
The invigorated student experience we envision will feature:
An affordable education for all, through new University-wide scholarships and widespread support for students in specific disciplines
Globally minded students who study, work, volunteer, and do research abroad in record numbers
Faculty who change lives
Real-world experiences and hands-on learning to prepare students for life after college
- Scholarship recipient Contessa Boorman has studied in France, done improv comedy, and chronicled food-truck culture.
- A fellowship in Africa drives a U student to confront world hunger.
- Noah Exum is grateful for scholarships that allowed him to pursue his passion for interior design.
- Music relieves stress and brings people together, says communications major Henry Suong.
- Construction management major Sarah Schulz has worked on U of M projects like the new Bell Museum.