Accelerate advances in health
At the University of Minnesota, creative collaborations across multiple areas of research and care create fertile ground for new approaches in a world where the health of people, animals, and the environment is inextricably interconnected.
The history of the University features pioneers in medical devices, transplantation, infectious diseases, and regenerative medicine, to name just a few. This collective impact continues to grow, thanks to high-quality care facilities that treat more than 1 million annually and an academic health center that trains 70 percent of Minnesota’s health care workforce.
The road ahead
We will bring about profound change in quality of life for the people of Minnesota, our nation, and the world by:
Fighting infectious diseases and improving global health
Promoting health equity and access for all
Preventing and treating diseases that threaten both animals and humans
Using new interprofessional education models that focus on teamwork and cooperation to educate the health workforce of the future
- Nursing students benefit from an unusual new learning tool.
- A U of M discovery changes the life of a young girl with a rare skin disease.
- Horses get the care they need at the U's Leatherdale Equine Center.
- Michael Brooks seeks to help people who have many dental needs and few resources.
- An East Coast couple finds hope for their son at the University of Minnesota.