Where discovery happens
Drive a Minnesota plan for innovation
True leaders recognize the responsibility they carry and the good that they can do. With a statewide impact of nearly $10 billion annually, the University of Minnesota plays a critical role in the success of the state’s economy.
Generating inspired, marketable ideas requires the right incubator: a place to meet, collaborate, build prototypes, test ideas, develop new products, and start ventures. For our students, faculty, and industry partners, the University is a center of invention where new ideas create a clear and widespread economic value.
The road ahead
The Minnesota plan for innovation will feature:
Transformative student experiences that produce business thinkers and leaders who thrive in a diverse global economy
Innovation hubs that encourage collaboration among experts from multiple disciplines
Deeper engagement between industry and the U of M
- A new grain shows promise as a sustainable and earth-friendly crop.
- A new 3-D bioprinted patch may help heal scarred tissue caused by a heart attack.
- The U's Solar Vehicle team heads to Australia to compete in an international challenge.
- Forward-thinking interns help Minnesota businesses save time, resources, and money.
- The U's Gary Schwitzer is on a mission to keep medical reporting honest.