Recognizing donors who take a leadership role in supporting the drive to discover
Presidents Club members — individuals, families, and organizations — join a long tradition of giving that started in 1889 with a single gift of $150,000 from John Sargent Pillsbury, who was a businessman, University regent, state senator, and governor.
Through the decades, the generosity of Presidents Club members has built scores of buildings, provided thousands of students with scholarships, endowed hundreds of faculty chairs and professorships, and launched hundreds of research projects to improve lives.
The Presidents Club recognizes University-wide cumulative giving at the levels shown below, including pledges for gifts to be made within five years. Donors making estate and other planned gifts are also recognized as members of the Heritage Society.
Presidents Club giving levels:
- John Sargent Pillsbury Society: lifetime gifts or pledges of $10,000,000 +
- Builders Society: Lifetime gifts or pledges of $1,000,000 +
- Regents Society: Lifetime gifts or pledges of $250,000 +
- Trustees Society: Lifetime gifts or pledges of $100,000 +
- Chancellors Society: Lifetime gifts or pledges of $25,000 +
- Heritage Society: Planned gifts
Presidents Club highlights
Presidents Club members are welcomed at an event hosted by the University president and leaders of the University community. Other recognition includes:
- A commemorative Presidents Club pin and certificate
- Opportunities to engage with University leaders as well as other benefactors who share a commitment to educating tomorrow’s leaders, conducting life-changing research, and improving the human condition
- Print and online publications updating donors on the impact of private support on the achievements of students, faculty, researchers, and the wider community
- Recognition in the University of Minnesota’s Hall of Honor located on the Twin Cities campus
- A listing of names in the roster of Presidents Club members
If preferred, donors may decline public recognition.
For more information about the Presidents Club, please call 612-624-3333, or email email@example.com