Every day, the University of Minnesota transforms lives, advances new approaches to research and care, protects and sustains our planet, and drives innovation. And every day, we faculty and staff members bring these objectives to life. Providing financial support to areas we care about throughout the U of M system gives us the opportunity to build our community and renew our commitment to the future.
Support the areas that mean the most to you. Make a monthly or one-time gift, or give through payroll deduction. Every gift counts!
Stories of champions
Members of the systemwide Faculty Staff Campaign Advisory Committee helped the University of Minnesota's Driven fundraising campaign, which ended on June 30, surpass its goal. Though the campaign has ended, the need is still great for support of students, research, and outreach. Committee members continue their efforts to encourage faculty, staff, and retirees to support areas of interest across the U of M system, and celebrate and acknowledge colleagues’ collective giving. Click on the photos below to learn how all of us at the U are creating a brighter tomorrow.
View past stories from Faculty Staff.
Employee giving FAQ
Faculty and staff already support University of Minnesota programs and students. This giving initiative is a way to invite others to join, tell their stories, and to convey the importance of faculty and staff giving to the U.
Because of their affiliation, employee participation in giving sends a strong message to other constituents—alumni, friends, parents, students, foundations, corporations, and legislators—that faculty and staff support the vision and direction of the University and are committed to its ongoing excellence.
Our overriding goal is to deepen the culture and habit of giving among faculty and staff. Every gift, no matter the size, brings us closer to realizing this vision. Our primary strategy is to increase overall giving participation among all employees, active and retired. This participation demonstrates employees’ commitment to the mission of the University.
First, the University of Minnesota is a nonprofit. It increasingly relies on private support to sustain its levels of excellence. As a nonprofit, the U is transforming lives, advancing new approaches to research and care, protecting and sustaining our planet, and driving innovation. Faculty, staff, and retirees play a special role at the heart of this work. This campaign gives us the opportunity to bring to light the power of the work faculty and staff do every day and celebrate the tremendous commitment they have to the work the U is doing by providing personal financial support.
Secondly, faculty and staff financial support represents much more than dollars. Employee participation is also about signaling the critical role faculty and staff members play as the heart of the institution.
- Recurring credit card, biweekly payroll deduction, and one-time credit card gifts can all be set up online: Online giving site
- Twin Cities employees can give to the U through the Community Fund Drive.
- Employees are encouraged to support their favorite U causes and take advantage of matches and prizes available on the University’s giving day, Give to the Max Day.
- Estate and planned gifts allow a donor to leave money or assets, including retirement plan assets, upon his or her death. For more information, contact UMF planned giving at 612-624-3333 or email@example.com.
- Cash, check, or money order can be mailed, along with a gift form, to University of Minnesota Foundation, P.O. Box 860266, Minneapolis, MN 55486-0266.
- Call the University of Minnesota Foundation with questions: 612-624-3333