The University of Minnesota Foundation is committed to protecting your privacy. The Foundation does not sell, trade, or exchange outside the University of Minnesota any private information in its possession. It also respects the request of benefactors or other interested constituents to be removed from mailing or other distribution lists. If you wish, you may withdraw your permission at any time for us to communicate with you, or you may withdraw your permission for specific types of communication (e.g., mail, email or phone). You may opt out of future communications in one of the following ways:
- Call 612-624-3333 or 800-775-2187
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Send a letter detailing your request. Be sure to include your name and contact information. Letters may be sent to U of M Foundation, 200 Oak Street SE, Suite 500, Minneapolis, MN, 55455-2030.
The Foundation has a duty to protect the confidentiality of private, non-public donor information. Respect for a donor's right to privacy is a basic standard of integrity for all Foundation activities.
Online data privacy
To reach alumni and friends of the University, the Foundation manages the Web site give.umn.edu. The Foundation tracks Web usage and non-personally identifiable information to evaluate how well the Web site is reaching visitors. The Foundation does not sell or distribute any donor contact information to individuals or organizations outside the University of Minnesota.
The following Q & A addresses specific issues associated with the Foundation's online privacy practices.
The Foundation Web sites have two locations where visitors can voluntarily enter their contact information.
1. The "Update Your Contact Information" is where you can update your mailing address, phone number, and e-mail address so that the University of Minnesota and the Foundation can stay in contact with you.
2. The "Make an Online Gift" section is where you can designate a credit card gift to the University of Minnesota. The Foundation enters the information you provide—excluding your credit card number—into our secure donor database so that we have your gift history or change of address record.
Yes. You can make a gift at at our online giving site with confidence. We have partnered with Authorize.Net, a leading payment gateway since 1996, to accept credit cards and electronic check payments safely and securely for our donors.
The Authorize.Net Payment Gateway manages the complex routing of sensitive customer information through the electronic check and credit card processing networks. See an online payments diagram to see how it works.
The company adheres to strict industry standards for payment processing, including:
1. 128-bit Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology for secure Internet Protocol (IP) transactions.
2. Industry leading encryption hardware and software methods and security protocols to protect customer information.
3. Compliance with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS).