President's Club members — individuals, families, and organizations — join a long tradition of giving that started in 1889 with a single gift of $150,000 from John Sargent Pillsbury, who was a businessman, University regent, state senator, and governor.
Through the decades, the generosity of President's Club members has built scores of buildings, provided thousands of students with scholarships, endowed hundreds of faculty chairs and professorships, and launched hundreds of research projects to improve lives.
"There is no spot on earth I more prefer to be remembered than on this campus ... there is no factor that can do more for the state and the nation than the University, with its wide open doors ever welcoming all to enter."
—John Sargent Pillsbury, 1900
The President's Club recognizes University-wide cumulative giving at the levels shown below, including pledges for gifts to be made within five years. Donors making estate and other planned gifts are also recognized as members of the Heritage Society.
President's Club giving levels:
- 1851 Society: lifetime gifts or pledges of $25 million+
- John Sargent Pillsbury Society: lifetime gifts or pledges of $10 million+
- Builders Society: lifetime gifts or pledges of $1 million+
- Morrill Society: lifetime gifts or pledges of $100,000+
- Heritage Society: planned gifts
President's Club highlights
President's Club recognition includes:
- A commemorative President's Club certificate
- Opportunities to engage with University leaders as well as other benefactors who share a commitment to educating tomorrow’s leaders, conducting life-changing research, and improving the human condition
- Recognition in the University of Minnesota’s Hall of Honor located on the Twin Cities campus
- A listing of names in the roster of President's Club members
If preferred, donors may decline public recognition.
For more information about the President's Club, please call 612-624-3333, or email [email protected]